Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm Ready!

The other night Rea came home long enough to change his clothing and get something to drink before heading back out of the house to an appointment he needed to be at. This schedule left no Daddy-Taz play time unfortunately.


While Rea asked our oldest son if he was ready to go, my little Jacoby patiently followed behind his Daddy throughout the whole house. With a broad smile he repetitously said "I ready. I ready, Daddy. I ready."


He had no idea where Daddy was going, no idea how long he'd be gone, and no idea what would be asked of him once he got there. But he didn't care. His Daddy was going and that was all that mattered to him.


May we all maintain the simple faith of a child and answer our Lord with the same answer on our life journies.


I'm ready, Lord.


Proverbs 8:32
"So, my dear friends, listen carefully; those who embrace these my ways are most blessed. Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don't squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day's work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God's good pleasure. But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you're flirting with death."


John 12:26
"If any of you wants to serve me, then follow me. Then you'll be where I am, ready to serve at a moment's notice. The Father will honor and reward anyone who serves me."

No comments:

Post a Comment