Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Victory is sweet, indeed!

I've done the snoopy dance a few times this morning. My heart is light and my joy is abundant. I have a secret I will share later with you. But for now, what makes me stop stirring my hot tea and start giggling? What makes me smile like a Cheshire cat while readying my youngest for his nap?

Let me tell you. My youngest. Yes, you know him as my poop-flinger. You know, he defies...*gasp* duct tape!! Inconceivable, I know. Among wise ideas that were shared with me was this product that is a wearable sleeping bag/sack for kids to stay warm. I'm sure it was created for kids that kick off their blankets, but it will help with my unique purpose too. It can be found online at target, just search for Halo sleep sack. Then you'll know what I'm talking about. Who thinks these things up? Mothers are the inventors of necessities, aren't they?

Anyway, I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. While speaking with my husband last night about this, I was sharing the praises of this wonderful product and why it'll help. He looks unimpressed and asks why don't we just cut the feet off of a pair of pajamas and put it on him backwards? 

*crickets chirping* 

I stare at him blankly thinking surely he's daft and didn't hear me correctly and therefore simply didn't understand he should be as excited as I am. I informed him he should be excited and he does his worst to feign his joy over this.  Where is a gal to find proper enthusiasm when she needs it?


Then I thought about what he'd said. I do have a pair of footie pajamas that are too big for him that I could cut the feet off of. Hmm. One sleep sack isn't going to be enough anyway, so this could work well with the other solution. The more I thought on it, the more excited I was becoming. I was smiling when cutting the feet off the pajamas last night. I would have laughed but the room was full of people and hiding your insanity is the best approach, always. I placed the newly sheared pajamas on him backwards, and felt bubbles of laughter rise as I zippered up the back. Best to wait and see before getting all ahead of myself, right?


I eagerly entered his room this morning and found this child woke up dry and.....dressed!! Fully dressed! BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh yeah. Uh huh. Who's the Mama? Oh yeah! Dance with me. You know you want to.


Ok, ok. I know that being consumed with thoughts of ending world hunger or some other lofty purpose could have said I was a better person. I apologize. Perhaps it's the constant cleaning of feces that drove me off the cliff on this subject. Or, perhaps it's knowing that although I needed some help, I've still outsmarted him.


Or maybe, knowing you have a deviously smart child to raise, you have to take what victories you can get and not be picky about them. Beggars can't be choosers, right? 


I'll take it!! I do have to admit I smiled while placing the cut footie pj's over his clothes (zipper in the back!) and then laying him down for a nap today. I smiled and I sang some prideful song about besting him. He smiled and danced in my arms.  Think that'll happen when he's 15?


I don't think so either, but what thought lingers in my mind is that someday he will present me with a challenge that I will have to invent a product for to solve and then I'll sell it and make millions. Yep. Love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment