Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wired thinking?

I think we can all agree that the Lord has created men to think in a certain pattern and women in another. It can make for fun conversations! 

While seeing a new doctor the other day, he was asking about my home life (yes, it was pertinent) and I ran down the basics. When mentioning I had six kids at home, he looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. His eyes glazed over and his jaw dropped to the ground. Oh, don't worry. I'm really used to seeing that look in people's eyes. I get a similar, less intense, look when I mention we home school our children. I didn't mention that particular fact as it wasn't important to why I was there and the poor man had a hard enough time re-aligning his jaw from that drop to the floor. He was, after all, a tall man. 

After he mentioned twice that he and his wife just had their third child and how busy those little people can keep you, he asked me what did my husband do.  I naturally laughed and told him that my husband goes to work every morning and tells me to have a great day! 

Now, here's where I explain that he stared at me and then he laughed. He is a man and is wired to protect and provide for a family. He obviously wanted to know what my husband did, as in, profession. You know, how does he feed all those kids?  As a woman and mother, my concern was in getting through the day! Believe me, some days are better than others!


No comments:

Post a Comment